Jun 30, 2010

Check out the post on www.honeypamphlet.wordpress.com/  Honey Pamphlet that shows the original tree that our swarm of bees came from. It is likely the same tree that another huge swarm came from at just about the same time (earthday) last year and reminds me of the tree at "pooh's corner".
Last night I was over at the garden digging out the strawberries and the herb patch. My friend and I are planting three patches of herbs and a place for the bees in the middle! We are going to start with the sage plants from the farm that need transplanting- and then the Thyme and maybe Hyssop since it is evergreen as well.  We will probably try to plant some spring and fall bulbs to help provide the most pollen we can- although the blackberries all over the neighborhood are going off the hook right now!

The lettuce and peas will be harvested soon, so I will be planting some cherry Tomatoes and some beans next week and building a hoop house over the row. We will be seeding some quick growing crops like radish and lettuces one last time (maybe) before the fall plantings.

Anyone who wants to join me, call 206-898-2101 and I can tell you when I will be going to the garden to work.  When we are planting, you are welcome to take home seeds or plants to grow for yourself, and of course take home some food.

"Before" Pictures! - Looking North

"Before" Pictures! - Looking North
Longfellow in Feb 2008